[asterisk-users] Any impact on VoIP from loss of Net neutrality

Ron Wheeler rwheeler at artifact-software.com
Sun Dec 17 08:26:32 CST 2017

The article seems to focus on ISPs charging more for VoIP traffic.
This is only a money argument but seems to ignore the fact that my call
from Montreal, Canada to Palm Springs, California will travel through a
few networks that have no relationship with me.

It appears that carriers could increase latency on "foreign" VoIP
traffic which could reduce us to being able to buy good local call
service but unable to use phones for long distance calls.

Should national and multinational companies be concerned that even their
ability to use the telephone for internal calls could be impacted by
this.  It seems clear that the ability to make calls to customers and
suppliers will become uncertain and potentially vary from cases to case.

Ron

--
Ron Wheeler
President