[asterisk-users] General Kernel practices on CentOS

Ron Wheeler rwheeler at artifact-software.com
Fri Dec 15 08:24:50 CST 2017

It currently runs Linux 3.10.0-693.5.2.el7.x86_64 on x86_64 which I
believe is the latest CentOS 7.

I apply updates as they are issues by the CentOS team.

I just installed the latest FreePPBX from
https://www.freepbx.org/downloads/ on bare hardware. This included
Sangoma's version of Centos 7 build 1701. After the install, I apply
updates as they are issues by the CentOS team.

Works fine.

Ron

On 15/12/2017 5:59 AM, Olivier wrote:
> Hello Ron,
> Which kernel do you run Asterisk/Freepbx with ?
> Cheers

> <mailto:rwheeler at artifact-software.com>>:
>
>     CentOS 7 works well with Asterisk.
>     Install latest CentOS7 with updates install asterisk
>
>     I am running FreePBX on CentOS 7.
>
>     Ron
>
>     On 14/12/2017 10:38 AM, Olivier wrote:
>>     Hello,
>>
>>     I'm used to install Asterisk on Debian stable platforms.
>>
>>     A customer is asking how I would proceed on a CentOS platform.
>>
>>     After a short research (see [1] as an example), I'm wondering
>>     what are general kernel practices on CentOS regarding Asterisk
>>     and when targeting stability:
>>
>>     - Is it recommended to upgrade kernel version(s) (ie moving from
>>     linux 3.10 to 4.3) just after OS installation ?
>>
>>     Best regards
>>

>     --
>     Ron Wheeler
>     President
>     Artifact Software Inc
>     email:rwheeler at artifact-software.com <mailto:rwheeler at artifact-software.com>
>     skype: ronaldmwheeler
>     phone:866-970-2435, ext 102 <tel:%28866%29%20970-2435>
>

>     --
>
>     Check out the new Asterisk community forum at:
>     https://community.asterisk.org/ <https://community.asterisk.org/>
>
>     New to Asterisk? Start here:
>     https://wiki.asterisk.org/wiki/display/AST/Getting+Started
>     <https://wiki.asterisk.org/wiki/display/AST/Getting+Started>