[asterisk-users] [OT] Overview of Homer installation on Debian Stretch

Floimair Florian f.floimair at commend.com
Thu Dec 14 07:19:47 CST 2017

  1.  The simplest option would be to run the Docker multicontainer-setup as described on the HOMER wiki here: https://github.com/sipcapture/homer/wiki/Docker-Install
  2.  Sure it is. Just edit your homer configuration to reflect the remote DB server
  3.  If you really want to learn and understand what’s happening, try following a manual setup from source as described here: https://github.com/sipcapture/homer/wiki/Quick-Install#-manual-setup-from-source-advanced

I have recently setup a Debian Stretch Azure VM along with an Azure MySQL database to run based on 3. There were a few hurdles to overcome (that for the most part were DB related) but I’ve managed to get there. Doing it this way helped me understand how things interact and where to look at in case of problems. It may take some time (as the wiki is not always very clear on every step) but it’s time well spent and worth investing.

If you really get stuck somewhere I might be able to help you.

With best regards

Florian Floimair

COMMEND INTERNATIONAL GMBH
A-5020 Salzburg, Saalachstraße 51