[asterisk-users] Asterisk / FreePBX Support / Reseller

Ron Wheeler rwheeler at artifact-software.com
Tue Dec 12 10:34:34 CST 2017

SLA is just one factor in the decision to select a vendor.

If you do not get an answer from the user list, you might try a post to
the dev list.
It is a bit more active and some of the people watching for dev news
might be able to help you.

I used a consultant of the first go around but took over the support myself.
I have a technical background but the FreeBPX user interface is pretty
easy to set up and administer.
I have to provide my own SLA ;-)

You also have the advantage of a complete duplication of your trunks so
you can do adequate testing before going live which is a lot better than
the case where you have to do the switchover and testing over a weekend!

The user group is pretty helpful as well.

Have you tried doing the installation and trunk setup?

You can also use free softphones to test your extensions before you
actually purchase the phones.
I use the free version of Zoiper on my Android cell as a production
phone but you can use that to test each extension as you set it up.

The IVR setup is pretty straightforward.

Are there any potential issues that are of particular concern. Ring
groups, IVR menu design....?

Ron

--
Ron Wheeler