[asterisk-users] Simple speech recognition for driving IVR - "press or say one".

Jonathan H lardconcepts at gmail.com
Wed Dec 6 17:25:32 CST 2017

Thanks for your responses - it looks like I have the following
options, in order of ease:

1: Modify and recompile app_record.c

Change line 471
https://github.com/asterisk/asterisk/blob/master/apps/app_record.c#L471
from
   status_response = "DTMF";
   status_response = dtmf_integer;

Pro: Free, easy
Con: Have to remember to edit module each time a new Asterisk update comes out

2: Use the Jean Aunis "mix ARI and AGI" trick.
Pro: Doesn't need recompiling on each Asterisk release.
Con: A bit of fiddling and requires an ARI library.

3: Pay $50 for uniMRCP module
Pro: Does what I need to do
Con: $50 per channel. Requires account. Lots of setup to basically add
DTMF to the speech recognition I'm already doing.

Yes? No? None of the above? Other?!