[asterisk-users] Detecting DoS attacks via SIP

Mike Diehl mdiehlenator at gmail.com
Sat Aug 19 22:54:02 CDT 2017

I appreciate the discussion on the question I asked.

I currently listen for failed registration attempts via AMI and
automatically block the offending IP address at the firewall.  I was hoping
to find another AMI event that would be the magic bullet I need, but it
doesn't sound like that's going to happen.

I understand that fail2ban is probably not what I want and probably
wouldn't detect the attacks I'm seeing.

It turns out that not all of the attacks are from the "friendly scanner,"
but enough of them are that it's a good start.

So, I really like the idea of the IP geo location firewall rules coupled
with the "friendly scanner" filter, as provided by a few of you guys.  It
was mentioned that this is a broad hammer, but I'm kinda looking for a
broad hammer! ;^)

Looks like I need to do some research, but I think I have what I need.

Thanks again,

Mike Diehl.

On Sat, Aug 19, 2017 at 4:36 PM, Telium Technical Support <support at telium.ca