[asterisk-users] 100% CPU after upgrade. (Solved)

Mike Diehl mdiehlenator at gmail.com
Thu Apr 27 09:42:19 CDT 2017

I had meant to post a follow up to this, but just... didn't.  Sorry.

Anyway, I had made a silly change to my safe_asterisk script that caused it to
start asterisk in the background, but also with a console.  This caused
asterisk to try to write to a non-existent console tty.

Dumb mistake on my part.

Hope this helps someone else.

Mike.

On Thursday, April 06, 2017 10:28:03 AM you wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 6, 2017 at 10:20 AM, Mike Diehl <mdiehlenator at gmail.com> wrote:
> > I found it!
> >
> > I had customized the safe_asterisk script and managed to slip in a -c on
the asterisk command line.

> > So, when I ran strace on the running process, I saw a bunch of messages
indicating an invalid IOCTL on file handle 1, which is always STDOUT.  A
background process shouldn't be writing to STDOUT, so I knew I had dorked
something up.

--
Mike Diehl