[asterisk-users] IAX2 getting stuck

Carlos Chavez cursor at telecomab.mx
Thu Apr 20 16:36:29 CDT 2017

On 4/20/17 2:37 PM, Kseniya Blashchuk wrote:

> If SIP goes to the same provider then yes. Still I would check a
> packet capture for better understanding. BTW, did you try iax debug?
>
> чт, 20 апр. 2017 г. в 19:46, Carlos Chavez <cursor at telecomab.mx
> <mailto:cursor at telecomab.mx>>:
>
>     On 4/20/17 12:45 AM, Kseniya Blashchuk wrote:
>
>>     Can it happen that the routes lead the traffic through another
>>     interface? Did you try a packet capture with tcpdump? Do the
>>     packets really leave the usb adapter? Can asymmetric routing be
>>     in effect?
>>     Maybe there were some static routes that disappeared when the
>>     adapter was unplugged...
>>

>>     On Thu, Apr 20, 2017, 12:41 AM Antony Stone
>>     <Antony.Stone at asterisk.open.source.it
>>     <mailto:Antony.Stone at asterisk.open.source.it>> wrote:
>>
>>         On Wednesday 19 April 2017 at 23:35:24, Carlos Chavez wrote:
>>
>>         > On 4/19/17 4:23 PM, Antony Stone wrote:
>>         > >
>>         > > You say the USB ethernet adapter got unplugged and then
>>         reconnected...
>>         > >
>>         > > 1. What's the name of the network device for this
>>         adapter?  Is it the
>>         > > same name as it previously had?
>>         > >
>>         > > 2. What does 'ifconfig' say the IP address is for this
>>         adapter?
>>         > >
>>         > > 3. What do you have in /etc/asterisk/iax.conf for
>>         'bindaddr' and
>>         > > 'bindport'?
>>         > >
>>         > > 4. Do you have SIP connections on the same network
>>         interface, and are
>>         > > those working as normal?
>>         > >
>>         > >
>>         > > Antony.
>>         >
>>         > 1- No changes to device names.  eth0 is the main link to
>>         the network,
>>         > eth1 (also internal) goes to a SIP provider and eth2 (the
>>         USB adapter)
>>         > goes to another SIP provider.  All IAX trunks use eth0
>>         >
>>         > 2- ifconfig gives the proper IP and netmask for all interfaces
>>         >
>>         > 3- We do not specify bindaddr or bindport in the config
>>         file as the
>>         > default is to bind to 0.0.0.0
>>         >
>>         > 4- We had to make new SIP trunks to replace the IAX2 trunks
>>         to all
>>         > servers.  The SIP trunk is working with no problems.
>>         Except for two SIP
>>         > links to PSTN all internal extensions use the same network
>>         interface.
>>
>>         Ugh :(
>>
>>         Sorry, I have no more ideas, then.
>>
>>         I hope someone else comes into this thread with a helpful
>>         suggestion.
>>

>         If routing was the problem then the SIP trunk would not work.
>     Usually IAX2 is a little more forgiving about routing than SIP.

     The new SIP trunks are replacing the IAX2 trunks to our other
Asterisk servers and use exactly the same network paths, that is why I
know it is not a network infrastructure issue.  We did turn on IAX debug
and we only se the server trying to poke the other servers but there is
not response or any incoming traffic.

Carlos Chávez
+52 (55)8116-9161