[asterisk-users] "Your call is not allowed. P U A M I"

Antony Stone Antony.Stone at asterisk.open.source.it
Thu Apr 20 14:43:38 CDT 2017

On Thursday 20 April 2017 at 21:29:58, Steve Edwards wrote:

> Not an Asterisk question, but...
>
> A bunch of our 8xx numbers started playing this recording when dialed. Our
> provider (Inteliquent) says it's not them.

Where are Inteliquent feeding the calls (assuming they connect instead of
playing that message) to?

Are they a SIP trunk provider, supposedly passing calls to your PBX (in which
case it's either them or your PBX, so there shouldn't be a lot of discussion)?

Does Inteliquent have any record of the calls being placed IN to the 8xx
numbers (if they do, this eliminates the possibility of message being played
by the callER's service provider)?

Does it make any difference which carrier you use to make the call?

> Does anybody know who is playing it and what it means?

I've certainly never heard (of) it.

Antony.

--
This email was created using 100% recycled electrons.

                                                   Please reply to the list;
                                                         please *don't* CC me.