[asterisk-users] Voicemail asking for login

D'Arcy Cain darcy at VybeNetworks.com
Thu Apr 20 12:48:56 CDT 2017

On 2017-04-20 12:52 PM, J Montoya wrote:
> On Thursday 20 Apr 2017, D'Arcy Cain wrote:
>> On 2017-04-20 12:23 PM, D'Arcy Cain wrote:
>>> Here is the full dialplan for stocktrans2.
>>
>> I reduced this to the following and I still have the error.
>>
>> exten => stocktrans2,1,Verbose(0,Entering extension stocktrans2)
>>      same => n(VoiceMail),Set(CDR(userfield)=VoiceMail)
>>      same => n,Verbose(0,${CALLERID(all)} going into voice mail for
>> stocktrans2)
>>      same => n,VoiceMail(stocktrans2 at VoiceMail,u)
>>      same => n,Hangup()
>
> O.K., so -- assuming that extension "darcy" behaves properly if you simplify
> it similarly -- nothing before there can be causing the problem.

Actually, it also failed too when I reduced it.  Turns out that that's
why I needed to set "_ACCOUNT".  Here is the actual reduced version for
stocktrans2.  It still fails but substituting "darcy" for "stocktrans2
works OK.

exten => stocktrans2,1,Verbose(0,Entering extension stocktrans2)
     same => n(VoiceMail),Set(CDR(userfield)=VoiceMail)
     same => n,Verbose(0,${CALLERID(all)} going into voice mail for
stocktrans2)
     same => n,Set(_ACCOUNT=stocktrans2)
     same => n,VoiceMail(stocktrans2 at VoiceMail,u)
     same => n,Hangup()

> What is in your [VoiceMail] context?  Are "stocktrans2" and "darcy" separate
> extensions, or is there a catch-all?  What is in the "a" extension  (which
> gets called when the * key is pressed) ?

Nothing in [VoiceMail] context except the mailboxes but this precedes
the context:

[general]
attach=yes
maxsilence=10
maxlogins=3
serveremail=NULL at Vex.Net
format=wav49
fromstring=Vybe Networks Voice Mail
nextaftercmd=yes
forcename=yes
pollmailboxes=yes
pollfreq=5

emailbody=Dear ${VM_NAME}:\n\n\tjust wanted to let you know you were
just left a ${VM_DUR} long message (number ${VM_MSGNUM})\nin mailbox
${VM_MAILBOX} from ${VM_CALLERID}, on ${VM_DATE}, so you might\nwant to
check it when you get a chance.  Thanks!\n\n\t\t\t\t-- Vybe Networks\n

They are separate extensions.  I do not do catch-alls if I can help it.
Since I generate the configs it is no big deal to expand everything in
each extension.

; voice mail
   exten => a,1,Verbose(${ACCOUNT} entering mailbox)
     same => n,Set(CDR(userfield)=${ACCOUNT})
     same => n,VoicemailMain(${ACCOUNT}@VoiceMail)
     same => n,Hangup

The VoiceMail extension, as are all the extensions, is in the
[LocalSets] context.

--
D'Arcy J.M. Cain
Vybe Networks Inc.