[asterisk-users] SIP connections over OpenVPN connection get one-way voice.

Duncan Turnbull duncan at e-simple.co.nz
Tue Apr 18 19:21:57 CDT 2017

Sent from my iPhone

> On 19/04/2017, at 11:43 AM, Ernie Dunbar <maillist at lightspeed.ca> wrote:
>
>> On 2017-04-18 03:38 PM, Duncan Turnbull wrote:

Set it as a proxy server in your sip phone client, we found using the tun ip on the vpn server works, we keep the actual asterisk address as the sip server and use the tun ip as the proxy server

Asterisk is probably already bound to all the addresses netstat -nupl should show you the addresses it's listening on for udp, if it says 0.0.0.0 it means all addresses

sudo tcpdump -i tun0 -s0 -A udp port 5060

Should show you the sip messages going through the tunnel and you can check the reply addresses