[asterisk-users] Crashes in jitterbuffer with framedata->timer_interval > 1000

Kevin Harwell kharwell at digium.com
Tue Apr 18 15:20:08 CDT 2017

On Tue, Apr 18, 2017 at 1:59 PM, Richard Kenner <kenner at gnat.com> wrote:

> I had three crashes this morning on a divide-by-zero, for example at
> abstract_jb.c:1008 in 14.3.0.

This is quite odd. I took a quick look at the code at that line number and
it appears the divider should never be zero, but somehow it got set to or
initialized to that maybe.

> Does this ring any bell to anybody?

This does not sound familiar. Please create an issue on the Asterisk issue
tracker [1] and attach a backtrace [2]. Debug logs around the time of the
crash may be helpful too if you have those. Which channel type (chan_sip,
local channel, chan_pjsip) is involved, and how you are enabling the jitter
buffer (dialplan function vs configuration) would be good to know as well.

[1] https://issues.asterisk.org
[2] https://wiki.asterisk.org/wiki/display/AST/Getting+a+Backtrace

Thanks!
--