[asterisk-users] PBX selection

D'Arcy Cain darcy at VybeNetworks.com
Mon Apr 17 12:17:09 CDT 2017

On 2017-04-17 12:41 PM, Victor Villarreal wrote:
> * Asterisk is build to work on Linux. So your team needs some skills
> like setting up a basic Linux server (Debian, Centos, etc), donwload
> software from Internet, compile and install software manually.

It may be that the developers mostly use Linux but Unix (i.e. BSD) works
perfectly fine as well.  I run it on NetBSD and it is rock solid.

As for Asterisk vs. FreeSwitch, as a data point I started out with the
latter but converted to Asterisk before going live.  FS really was more
Linux oriented and I had many problems getting it working on NetBSD.  I
also find the support here better.

If you run NetBSD (and probably any other BSD) you can install from
their package system.  I compile from source using the package but you
can also install a pre-compiled version just as easily.

Cheers.

--
D'Arcy J.M. Cain
Vybe Networks Inc.