[asterisk-users] More issues with Siren14 datalen == 0 packets

Richard Kenner kenner at gnat.com
Wed Apr 12 08:29:07 CDT 2017

> The feed function in slinfactory explicitly does not allow frames
> without a data payload to be added to the queue. It would have prevented
> this crash.

Ah, so the fix should really be there, righty?

> I think the underlying issue is that the data pointer is not NULL when
> it sanely should be in the codec implementation.

Note that that would still leave a bug in func_speex.c, since it checks
for neither case.

And, of course, that's not open-source, so I can't fix it.

> > Can you suggest ways of searching for other possible occurrences of
> > this bug?  These crashes are occurring during important conferences and
> > are causing significant issues.
>
> Not really. Frames are used a lot across Asterisk, so you have to follow
> the flow based on the features in use.

I did some searches and came across one suspicious case:

In funcs/app_jack.c:queue_voice_frame

That's all I see.