[asterisk-users] 100% CPU after upgrade.

Matt Fredrickson creslin at digium.com
Tue Apr 4 09:18:26 CDT 2017

On Mon, Apr 3, 2017 at 4:45 PM, Mike Diehl <mdiehlenator at gmail.com> wrote:
> Those are all rational questions, so here we go:
>
> We upgraded from 11.x, though the system was a backup server, so it was never
> actually used.
>
> The system is a 2.4Gh quad-core Xenon with 4G of RAM, so it should have plenty
> of power for what I'm asking it to do.  The system is configured via RT using
> a local Mysql database.
>
> We only use the native SIP channel driver at this time.
>
> I honestly don't see any reason for this server to eat 100% of it's cpu, and
> am hesitant to roll it out to production until I understand why it is.

I don't either.  Is there any Asterisk logging that indicates
something that might be going on?  If you can't see anything, try
increasing the core debug level and core verbose level (core set
verbose 10, core set debug 10) at the Asterisk CLI and see if you get
anything more out of logging to see what's going on.

--
Matthew Fredrickson
Digium, Inc. | Engineering Manager