[asterisk-users] Hello again

A J Stiles asterisk_list at earthshod.co.uk
Fri Sep 30 07:49:15 CDT 2016

On Friday 30 Sep 2016, aaberga/gmail wrote:
> Hi,
>
> after a long pause (Asterisk 1.8 times), I have started again playing with
> VOIP. A lot has changed since last time I did setup an Asterisk system!
>
> So I am asking for some help.
[stuff deleted]
> [2102]
> type=endpoint
> context=internal
> ;disallow=all
> allow=ulaw
> allow=alaw
> allow=g729
> transport=transport-udp-nat
> auth=auth2102
> aors=2102
> rtp_symmetric=yes
> force_rport=yes
> ice_support=yes
> direct_media=no

You might want to comment out all references to g729  (which needs a special
licence)  and just use alaw  (the native codec of the PSTN)  throughout.

If one of the phones is deciding to use g729 and your Asterisk doesn't have
the relevant licence, then you might well get all manner of strange things
happening.

Even if you have g729 licences, try and get it working with alaw first.  The
fewer things there are that could go wrong, the better.  It's always best to
get it working with the simplest possible setup first, and only then add
sophistication.

--
AJS

Note:  Originating address only accepts e-mail from list!  If replying off-
list, change address to asterisk1list at earthshod dot co dot uk .