[asterisk-users] system metrics to see if Asterisk is getting overloaded

Jonathan H lardconcepts at gmail.com
Wed Sep 28 04:43:11 CDT 2016

Funnily enough, I was just thinking the same this morning.

I run two boxes, and my idea was the use a sys call to grab the loadav,
multiply that by 1000 and then use that as the delay before answering.

In other words, if box 1 had a loadav of 0.2 and box two have a loadav of
0.5, box 1 would answer first because the answer delay would be 5 seconds.

I'm guessing WAIT(ms) would be the thing to use for the delay (not tried it
yet but if someone can confirm I'm on the right lines then I'll give it a
go!)