[asterisk-users] AsyncAGI - How to jump in dial plan when no action initiated on channel or AMI user is disconnected

Ludovic Gasc gmludo at gmail.com
Sun Sep 25 21:43:32 CDT 2016

Hi Amit,

I'd some daemons that use AsyncAGI, but now, I use FastAGI again because:

1. Asterisk must call the daemon via socket: the realibility of this socket
indicates implicitly that the daemon is alive and answer.

2. With FastAGI, it's really easy to implement the multi-worker pattern
with pre-fork socket like with a http server to distribute the load.
With AsyncAGI, it needs more work and you have a spof with the dispatcher.
In fact, with FastAGI, the dispatcher is the Linux kernel itself, less
risks of bugs.

My personal conclusion is: even if AsyncAGI is younger than FastAGI, it
doesn't seem that it's always better in all situations ;-)

Have a nice week at Astricon.
--
Ludovic Gasc (GMLudo)
http://www.gmludo.eu/

> It means, AMI application is no more running or crashed or lost network
connection with asterisk server.
> In such cases call is neither answered nor disconnected by Asterisk. I
want to detect such state and jump to next dial plan to answer or reject
the calls

mjordan at digium.com> wrote:

>> On Sat, Sep 17, 2016 at 6:26 AM, Amit Patkar <amit at avhan.com> wrote:

>>>  Hi
>>>
>>>  Is there any way to detect inactivity on channel when AsyncAGI is used?
>>>  I want to detect whether application handling calls using AMI & AGI has
>>>  stopped responding.
>>

>> What do you mean by "stopped responding"?
>>

>>>  Alternatively, how can dialplan check if there is any AMI user
connected and