[asterisk-users] AsyncAGI - How to jump in dial plan when no action initiated on channel or AMI user is disconnected

Matthew Jordan mjordan at digium.com
Wed Sep 21 07:57:10 CDT 2016

On Tue, Sep 20, 2016 at 10:49 PM, Amit Patkar <amit at avhan.com> wrote:
> It means, AMI application is no more running or crashed or lost network
> connection with asterisk server.
> In such cases call is neither answered nor disconnected by Asterisk. I want
> to detect such state and jump to next dial plan to answer or reject the
> calls

No, there is no automatic coordination mechanism between AsyncAGI and
AMI. In fact, AsyncAGI doesn't know *which* AMI session is even
managing the channels - it just waits for the appropriate AMI action
to come across and signal something to the channels.

Your external application would have to manage this process. A simple
solution would be to use an AMI library that supports automatic
reconnects. On a reconnect, ask Asterisk for the current channels; if
any exist, handle their recovery either by determining their
application state or by releasing them back to the dialplan.

--
Matthew Jordan
Digium, Inc. | CTO