[asterisk-users] Panasonic PBX connect to Asterisk

Harry McGregor hmcgregor at biggeeks.org
Wed Sep 14 00:40:22 CDT 2016

Hi,

On 09/13/2016 06:51 AM, Ikka Tirtawidjaja wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Is there anyone here who has experience connecting Asterisk (ver 13.8)
> with PBX Panasonic KX-TDA600 ?
>
> The architecture more less like this :
>

> Telco Sip Trunk ---> Asterisk 13 ---> Panasonic KX-TDA600 ---> Phone / Fax

What connectivity do you currently use for the KX-TDA600?  E1, T1, POTS,
BRI?

Others have suggested a SIP to E1/T1 gateway, which would let you skip
the asterisk box, if you don't have other uses for it.

Another option is to use a PCI-E E1/T1 interface card in the asterisk
box, especially if you already have an E1 or T1 interface in the
KX-TDA600. I personally don't like buying smaller then a dual T1/E1
card, as the price difference between a dual and a single is so small.
If the KX-TDA600 is set-up for Analog/POTS, you can use a channel bank
on the second T1/E1 port, and feed POTS into the KX-TDA600.

For a small installation that wanted to keep their Nortel Key System,
and their Telco really wanted to provide a PRI instead of POTS (the
Nortel could only take pots), we used a dual T1 PCI card in an asterisk
box, ran PRI on the Telco interface, an ADIT 600 channel bank on the
second interface, and handed 4 POTS lines to the Nortel Key System.

The key is to give your self the most flexibility to change later, and
preserve your existing investment.

-Harry