[asterisk-users] [SOLVED] Re: Feature Request: what about "core stop panic" ?

Olivier oza.4h07 at gmail.com
Thu Sep 8 09:22:16 CDT 2016

I think were getting closer:

I did:
- I edited /etc/default/asterisk to include :
AST_USER="root"
AST_GROUP="root"

# systemctl daemon-reload
# systemctl start asterisk
# ps aux | grep asterisk
root      3602  7.1  2.5  60332 26012 ?        Ssl  16:00   0:03
/usr/sbin/asterisk -U root -G root -g
# rasterisk
# pkill -SEGV asterisk

Then console showed:
Segmentation error (core dumped)

and a /core file is created

I also tried with asterisk run asterisk user and group and looked for any
newly created (find / -cmin -2) : nothing looking like a core file, though
I might overlooked it.

So, it really look like a configuration issue: "how to specify, with
asterisk and systemd among others, where core files are dumped ?".

I'll read again this thread advices and report back here.