[asterisk-users] [SOLVED] Re: Feature Request: what about "core stop panic" ?

Olivier oza.4h07 at gmail.com
Wed Sep 7 12:15:33 CDT 2016

> On Tue, Sep 06, 2016 at 06:37:52AM -0600, George Joseph wrote:
> > On Tue, Sep 6, 2016 at 1:55 AM, Olivier <oza.4h07 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > > Where should core file be created when Asterisk is run as a daemon by
> > > asterisk user and group ?
> > > Is there a setting I can use to specify the directory used (so that we
> can
> > > make sure appropriate ownership is set) ?
> > >

> > "$ sysctl kernel.core_pattern" will show you where core files are
> written.
> > For Asterisk to produce the core file, it has to be started with the '-g'
> > option so make sure your asterisk.service file is adding the option.

My asterisk.service is :

# cat /run/systemd/generator.late/asterisk.service
# Automatically generated by systemd-sysv-generator

[Unit]
SourcePath=/etc/init.d/asterisk
Description=LSB: Asterisk PBX
Before=runlevel2.target runlevel3.target runlevel4.target runlevel5.target
shutdown.target
After=network-online.target systemd-journald-dev-log.socket
nss-lookup.target local-fs.target remote-fs.target dahdi.service
misdn.service lcr.service wanrouter.service mysql.service postgresql.service
Wants=network-online.target
Conflicts=shutdown.target

[Service]
Type=forking
Restart=no
TimeoutSec=5min
IgnoreSIGPIPE=no
KillMode=process
GuessMainPID=no
RemainAfterExit=yes
SysVStartPriority=2
ExecStart=/etc/init.d/asterisk start
ExecStop=/etc/init.d/asterisk stop
ExecReload=/etc/init.d/asterisk reload

My /etc/init.d/asterisk file is sourcing my /etc/default/asterisk which
includes an (uncommented) line COREDUMP=yes.
I also have
# grep core /etc/asterisk/asterisk.conf
dumpcore = yes

make menuselect shows:
[*] DONT_OPTIMIZE
[*] COMPILE_DOUBLE
[ ] DEBUG_THREADS
[*] LOADABLE_MODULES
[ ] DEBUG_FD_LEAKS
[*] BETTER_BACKTRACES
[ ] LOTS_OF_SPANS
[ ] MALLOC_DEBUG
[ ] DEBUG_CHAOS
[*] BUILD_NATIVE
    --- Extended ---
[ ] REF_DEBUG
[ ] AO2_DEBUG
[ ] STATIC_BUILD
XXX REBUILD_PARSERS
[ ] LOW_MEMORY
[ ] DISABLE_INLINE
[*] OPTIONAL_API
XXX USE_HOARD_ALLOCATOR
[ ] RADIO_RELAX
[ ] G711_NEW_ALGORITHM
< > G711_REDUCED_BRANCHING
< > TEST_CODING_TABLES
< > TEST_TANDEM_TRANSCODING
[ ] ADDRESS_SANITIZER
[ ] THREAD_SANITIZER
[ ] LEAK_SANITIZER
[ ] UNDEFINED_SANITIZER
[ ] BUSYDETECT_TONEONLY
[ ] BUSYDETECT_COMPARE_TONE_AND_SILENCE
[ ] BUSYDETECT_DEBUG
[ ] INTEGER_CALLERID

Is there a way to read Compiler Flags from a running system without looking
at source file directory ?

If someone forgets to select appropriate Compiler Flags, does it prevent
Asterisk to produce a core file (even an empty one) ?