[asterisk-users] Upgrading asterisk 13.7 to 13.11. Segfaults

George Joseph gjoseph at digium.com
Wed Sep 7 08:14:06 CDT 2016

On Tue, Sep 6, 2016 at 8:40 AM, Dmitriy Serov <serov.d.p at gmail.com> wrote:

> 06.09.2016 17:08, George Joseph пишет:
>

> On Tue, Sep 6, 2016 at 7:58 AM, Dmitriy Serov <serov.d.p at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> 06.09.2016 16:42, George Joseph пишет:
>>

>> On Tue, Sep 6, 2016 at 7:32 AM, Dmitriy Serov <serov.d.p at gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Hello.
>>>
>>> Several months server working on asterisk 13.7 and pjproject 2.5
>>> (installed separately). Once a day the server crashes or hangs and is
>>> familiar sores that written watchdogs.
>>>
>>> Yesterday I decided to upgrade to 13.11 and bundled pjproject (2.5.5).
>>> Solved all the problems with compilation I started asterisk several times
>>> and each time after 5-7 seconds was seg fault.
>>>
>>> So I didn't get to use the new version of asterisk. And I really wanted
>>> to be able to find and remove the cause. I would be grateful for any help.
>>>

>> All 3 of the backtraces are in different pjproject places which is
>> weird.  Makes me think there's still a library mismatch somewhere.  Is the
>> separately compiled pjproject still installed on both the build machine and
>> the server?  They *should* be ignored if --with-pjproject-bundled is
>> specified but you might want to remove them and try again.
>>

>> George, thank you that you responded. What I was hoping :)
>> I was also very surprised that SF can happen so quickly and so
>> consistently. With all this in completely different places.
>>
>> When installed separately pjproject source code with bundled not even
>> compiled. Of course, I uninstalled and cleaned pjproject according to this
>> instructions: https://wiki.asterisk.org/wiki
>> /display/AST/Building+and+Installing+pjproject
>>
>> At the moment I have restore separately pjproject and asterisk 13.7. But
>> there is a directory with configured and compiled asterisk 13.11. Happy to
>> provide the contents of the autoconfiguration files.
>>

> config.log and makeopts would be useful if you can zip them up.  Also,
> what distribution and version are you running?  As Jonathan suggested,
> could there have been any left over or third-party modules left in the
> asterisk modules directory?
>

> https://ruvoip.net/_other/voip/2016-09-05/makeopts_configlogs.zip

Went through the logs and configs and unfortunately nothing stands out.
The only things I can suggest at this point are to check that there really
are no libpj* files left in /usr/lib, no pj* header files left in
/usr/include, do a system update, make sure that all res_pj* modules are
loaded in modules.conf (maybe try autoload), etc.

> Slackware 14.1 x64 with some packages upgraded and some of libraries
> compiled from source.
>
> --
>
> Join the Asterisk Community at the 13th AstriCon, September 27-29, 2016
>       http://www.asterisk.org/community/astricon-user-conference
>
> New to Asterisk? Start here:
>
> asterisk-users mailing list

George Joseph