[asterisk-users] [SOLVED] Re: Feature Request: what about "core stop panic" ?

Tzafrir Cohen tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com
Tue Sep 6 10:48:02 CDT 2016

On Tue, Sep 06, 2016 at 06:37:52AM -0600, George Joseph wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 6, 2016 at 1:55 AM, Olivier <oza.4h07 at gmail.com> wrote:

> > Where should core file be created when Asterisk is run as a daemon by
> > asterisk user and group ?
> > Is there a setting I can use to specify the directory used (so that we can
> > make sure appropriate ownership is set) ?
> >

> "$ sysctl kernel.core_pattern" will show you where core files are written.
> For Asterisk to produce the core file, it has to be started with the '-g'
> option so make sure your asterisk.service file is adding the option.

Specifically, if the first character of core_pattern is '!', the rest
should be an executable, to which the core file is handled. IIRC Centos7
had something of that type installed by default. On Debian Stable you
have the package corekeeper (or maybe also systemd-coredump from
backports). I haven't tried any of those.

--
               Tzafrir Cohen
icq#16849755              jabber:tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com
+972-50-7952406           mailto:tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com