[asterisk-users] [SOLVED] Re: Feature Request: what about "core stop panic" ?

Olivier oza.4h07 at gmail.com
Tue Sep 6 02:55:24 CDT 2016

Hello,

After testing "pkill -SEGV -f /usr/sbin/asterisk" on Debian Jessie
platform, I've got several questions :

1.  When I issue a "cd /tmp; asterisk -cvvvvvvvvvvvg -U asterisk -G
asterisk" command, and then issue a "pkill -SEGV asterisk" command,
I can read on Asterisk console:
*CLI> Segmentation error (core dumped)
(*) I translated into english the exact output I got.

I see a /tmp/core file exists.

My asterisk.conf includes:
full = verbose,notice,warning,error,debug

After Asterisk's stop, my /var/log:asterisk/full doesn't include any
mention to Segmentation error.
I cannot find anything in dmesg, /var/log/messages or /var/log/kern.log as
I did when a real segmentation fault occurred on production system.

I would expect Asterisk to log something.
Is this expected behaviour ?

2. When I issue a "cd /tmp; systemctl start asterisk" command, and then
issue a "pkill -SEGV asterisk" command,
I can read on Asterisk console:
Disconnected from Asterisk server
Asterisk cleanly ending (0).
Executing last minute cleanups

I cannot find any core file anyware.

File /var/log:asterisk/full doesn't include any mention to Segmentation
error.

Where should core file be created when Asterisk is run as a daemon by
asterisk user and group ?
Is there a setting I can use to specify the directory used (so that we can
make sure appropriate ownership is set) ?

Cheers