[asterisk-users] Need ISDN call generator

Hooman Fazaeli hoomanfazaeli at gmail.com
Sun Sep 4 09:40:29 CDT 2016

On 2016-09-04 18:07, Tzafrir Cohen wrote:
> On Mon, Aug 29, 2016 at 05:26:17PM +0430, Hooman Fazaeli wrote:
>> On 2016-08-29 12:28, Eric Klein wrote:
>>> Hi Hooman,
>>>
>>> What you probably want is a PRI PBX running Asterisk.
>>>
>>> You should either plan to build your own (with the cards you need) or get one of the low cost options:
>>>
>>>   * Allo.com has their Mega PBX with 1 PPR port (http://allo.com/megapbx-line.html)
>>>   * Pika Tech has the Warp PBX with BRI (http://www.pikatech.com/warp-telephony-all-in-one/)
>>>
>>> Both ship world wide. There are other brands and models out there and depending on where you are located they may be better options based on shipping etc.
>>>
>>> Hope this helps,
>>> Eric
>> Thanks. But I am not looking for a SOHO PBX, but a product specifically built to generate ISDN load for
>> PBX (asterisk) test purposes (like this: http://www2.vconsole.com/8-Port-T1/E1/PRI-Bulk-Call-Generator-p-28.html) <http://www2.vconsole.com/8-Port-T1/E1/PRI-Bulk-Call-Generator-p-28.html>
>>
>> I have done my googling homework and already know of a few options. I asked in this list
>> to benefit from people's experiences and recommendations, those who have used/worked with such
>> devices or have setup systems for the sole purpose of ISDN call/load generation.
>>
> Why don't you start with something simple as:
>
> channels() {
>   lsdahdi | awk '/^ /{print $1}'  # | head -n whatever
> }
>
> for chan in `channels`; do
>    asterisk -rx "channel originate DAHDI/$chan/something application Echo"
> done
>

> Alternatively, if you have a convenient way to control the number of SIP
> calls coming from a certain trunk, redirect the all to DAHDI/g0 .
>
> Simple load is very simple to generate with Asterisk.

Thanks for the tip.

Which Linux distro do you recommend (or have experience with) as the
load generator OS? I am a freebsd-ian and have little experience
with various Linux distros, so I need pro advise on one
that works very stably under high ISDN load (using Digium ISDN cards
and DAHDI 2.6+ drivers).

--
Best regards
Hooman Fazaeli