[asterisk-users] Feature Request: what about "core stop panic" ?

Olivier oza.4h07 at gmail.com
Fri Sep 2 10:34:15 CDT 2016

Hello,

I had a recent case where Asterisk stopped due to a segfault.
This reminded me that being sure that whenever such issue occurs, it's
useful to have a core file or various data at hand to analyze and exchange
with support teams.

How can you double check a running Asterisk system would produce such data
if a segfault arrises ?

1. To my knowledge, no tool exists for this. Is it correct ?
2. If such tool do not exist, what would you say about something like "core
stop panic", "core stop segfault" or whatever ?

Best Regards