[asterisk-users] iptables for SIP talk to other port

Pete Mundy pete at fiberphone.co.nz
Sun Oct 16 20:42:45 CDT 2016

Jerry has already clarified in a previous reply that he is running SIP over TCP, not UDP.

But he hasn't clarified on which machine he is applying the iptables header rewrite rules (10.201, or 1.3?).

Either way though, it seems like a kludgy work-around. IMO, it'd be better to focus on creating the correct Asterisk peer configuration for the peer that is operating on the non-standard separate port, and don't use any packet-header mangling at all.

Jerry, can you post your configuration for the peer in Asterisk? (eg from sip.conf)

Pete