[asterisk-users] asterisk-users Digest, Vol 147, Issue 5

Victor Villarreal mefhigoseth at gmail.com
Mon Oct 10 14:04:58 CDT 2016

Hi all ! Thanks for your feedback and sory for the delay. Respond:

> Date: Mon, 3 Oct 2016 21:05:55 -0300
> From: Marcelo Terres <mhterres at gmail.com>
>
> I think that you need the dev files too. In Debian 8, the package is
> libmysqlclient-dev.
>
> But Debian 8 uses libmysqlclient-18. Where did you get the 20 ?
>
> Regards,
>
> Marcelo H. Terres <mhterres at gmail.com>

Hi Marcelo,

My idea was to install a new PBX to one of my clients, but with the latest
mySQL version.

I follow these instructions: http://dev.mysql.com/downloads/repo/apt/

The libmysqlclient-dev package is installed, but from the mysql repo. It's
version 20.

@Tzafir, thanks for your reply. I respond you inline...

> Date: Wed, 5 Oct 2016 17:13:41 +0300
> From: Tzafrir Cohen <tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com>
>
> For the record, we ubild both asterisk 11 (last version: 11.21.2) and 13
> (13.11.2) for Debian Stable using the distro-provided MySQL packages.

Ok, I take note of this. My idea is install Asterisk-11 from source instead
of use a "distribution package".
It's not the first time I compile Asterisk (in fact I work with Asterisk
from v1.4 in production
on many mission critical projects with greats results). But this time I
decided to use the latest mysql version
and face a problem that exceed my knowledge scope :-(

> Is Are there any mysql-related module loaded?
>
> Start with e.g.
>
>  ldd /usr/lib/asterisk/module/cdr_mysql.so

No, there is no mysql-related module compiled or loaded. Only ODBC:

sistemas at nodo1:~$ ls -lh /usr/lib64/asterisk/modules/ | grep mysql

sistemas at nodo1:~$ ls -lh /usr/lib64/asterisk/modules/ | grep odbc
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 331K oct  3 17:36 cdr_adaptive_odbc.so
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 265K oct  3 17:36 cdr_odbc.so
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 339K oct  3 17:36 cel_odbc.so
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 382K oct  3 17:36 func_odbc.so
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 325K oct  3 17:36 res_config_odbc.so
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 350K oct  3 17:36 res_odbc.so

It's like the compile script don't found my v20 libmysqlclient package
installed.
What is the routine responsible for this job?

Asterisk here in this server, was compiled with a libmysqlclient v18, but I
unistalled this package now
because Asterisk-11 compiled with v18 and connected to a v5.7 mySQL
instance, return an Asterisk crash on libmysqlclient.so module.

If it's don't possible to compile Asterisk-11 against libmysqlclient-20, I
will have to downgrade my mySQL-5.7 instance back to 5.5 Debian version :(

Any idea?

Thanks in advance and best regards.

--
GnuPG Key ID: 0x39BCA9D8