[asterisk-users] new inbound DID provider... no auth?

Jeff LaCoursiere jeff at jeff.net
Wed Nov 30 15:10:51 CST 2016

We are trying to work with a new DID provider and I find myself
confused.  Their standard integration is to send the call with no
authentication.  I am expected to whitelist all their possible gateways,
and accept their calls I guess with no peer definition.  I actually have
it working this way; the calls land in our "public" context, I guess as
"guest", and I am able to route them from there.  But that makes me nervous.

I would rather at least have them be associated with a defined peer, so
I can set the right context and any other parameters I might want
associated.  It is inbound only, no outbound.  I might try to set a
host= in a peer definition with no secret, and see if that matches it,
but I would rather avoid making a peer definition for every gateway they
have.  Can anyone think of a way to define a single peer that might show
from multiple potential addresses without authentication info?

Cheers,

--
Jeff LaCoursiere
312 962 5250 desk