[asterisk-users] What could be stopping "Disconnect Call" feature from working (set in features.txt)

Jonathan H lardconcepts at gmail.com
Tue Nov 8 17:19:46 CST 2016

Asterisk 14.1

Here's a bit of test dialplan, which works as expected and simulates
exactly what I'm doing at the top of my large dialplan...

[dial-pre-test]
exten => s,1,NoOp()
    same => n,Set(LIMIT_PLAYAUDIO_CALLER=yes)
    same => n,Set(LIMIT_WARNING_FILE=time_limit_reached)
    same => n,Dial(Local/s at dial-test,3,L(3540000:60000))
    same => n,Hangup()

[dial-test]
exten => s,1,NoOp()
    same => n,Dial(Local/s at dial-dest,,gH)
    same => n,Playback(goodbye)
    same => n,Hangup()

[dial-dest]
exten => s,1,Answer()
    same => n,MusicOnHold()
    same => n,Hangup()

See what I'm doing here? I'm using a little fiddle to allow the caller
to stop listening to music on hold. And it works..... the gH means
that the caller can hang up the remote end. Great!

BUT.... I have a large dialplan, and something, somehow, somewhere, is
messing with "Disconnect Call".

Because once through, nothing, not even star, does anything. It's like
the receiving end (dial-dest in the example above) has become deaf!

I've turned on debug and verbose to level 9, and there's nothing. It
connects, starts music on hold, and then just ignores everything.

Anything else I can add to the dialplan to see what might be causing
this? (I've also tried dumpchan, too).

It USED to work, and some point in the last week, it stopped working.
(But the test dialplan above works). Mind boggled!

Just to double check, yes, it's all set OK

features show
Builtin Feature           Default Current
Pickup                    *8      *8
Blind Transfer            #       #
Attended Transfer
One Touch Monitor