[asterisk-users] Suddenly getting lots of "Unable to send packet: Address Family mismatch between source/destination" but ONLY on 1 of 2 VPSs in same datacentre.

Jonathan H lardconcepts at gmail.com
Sat Nov 5 08:08:57 CDT 2016

I resolved it when I read this:
http://asterisk-support.ru/question/61578/asterisk-v13-unable-to-send-packet-address-family/
and then followed this https://community.rackspace.com/products/f/25/t/5110
to explicitly prefer IPv4 over IPv6.

What I don't understand is that while Ubuntu has IPv6 of course, the VPS
host is set to V6 disabled. and as far as I am aware, and my ITSP doesn't
have IPv6, so I just can't figure out why two IPv4 systems are getting IPv6
"pollution" as it were. And why now??!

Anyway, that's what fixed it for me. Thanks!