[asterisk-users] pjsip transports from database.

Bryant Zimmerman BryantZ at zktech.com
Fri Nov 4 10:45:05 CDT 2016

 On Friday, November 4, 2016 10:20 AM - Joshua Colp wrote:

 >>On Fri, Nov 4, 2016, at 10:26 AM, Bryant Zimmerman wrote:
>> Hey all
>>
>> I am trying to configure all my pjsip transports form a database table.
>> The issue I am running into is that pjsip is auto binding to
0.0.0.0:5060
>> before it reads my list of transports from the database. This means
that
>> my
>> entries for port 5060 are already bound and the settings in the
database
>> are not loaded.
>>
>> When loading the transport form the .conf file it works as expected and
>> does not do an auto binding, but uses what is in the .conf
>>
>> Is there a way to have asterisk pjsip hold the default binding override
>> until after it has checked the database when sourcery .conf configures
>> transport location other then pjsip.conf?

>>PJSIP has no auto binding or default binding. It will only bind to what
>>Is configured. Do you have it in both .conf and in realtime? Do you also
>>have chan_sip loaded?

Joshua

 You were correct. There was an old chan_sip.so in the bin folder that was
being auto loaded. It was binding to 0.0.0.0:5060 causing the transports
from the database for pjsip to fail. I forced down asterisk and deleted the
chan_sip.so from the bin folder and the issue resolved. Looks like I need
to go through and clean up old garbage from an earlier build so I don't get
caught in the future. I also added a noload for chan_sip.so just incase one
ever gets dropped back in the folder.

 Much thanks for the direction here I spent a lot of time trying to figure
out where the binding was coming from.

 Bryant