[asterisk-users] RS485 Audio device

Eric Wieling ewieling at nyigc.com
Wed Nov 2 15:21:07 CDT 2016

If cable can be pulled , you have a couple of options.

Long Reach Ethernet from Cisco is rated for 5,000 feet. Multi-mode fiber
with fiber/ethernet media converters on each end would work and
electrically isolate the two ends of the cable. Both are way overkill
from a capacity standpoint, but sometimes there's nothing wrong with
overkill. Put an ATA on the far side.

--
if at first you don't succeed, skydiving isn't for you