[asterisk-users] DAHDI press button get fast busy

Greg Woods greg at gregandeva.net
Thu May 12 16:04:02 CDT 2016

My DAHDI phones were broken since a recent power outage (which required a
reboot). For some reason the Asterisk or DAHDI configuration is messed up
somewhere (probably from an update that was applied before the reboot?).

I am using a Digium TDM410 card.

At first, nothing worked at all, but I discovered that if I loaded things
manually (e.g. modprobe dahdi; modprobe wctdm24xxp, then go into asterisk
-r and "module unload chan_dahdi; module load chan_dahdi") then at least
the lights on the card come on and the phones half work. Inbound calls work
fine, but if I try to dial out, as soon as I press a numeric button on the
phone, I get an immediate fast busy, so outbound calls don't work. Outbound
calls from a SIP phone off the same server work fine (the outbound line is
an IAX link to a VOIP provider).

I have been Googling this for nearly an hour without finding any reference
to this problem. Anybody have any idea where I can look to debug this, or a
guess as to what might be wrong with the configuration?

Thank you,
--Greg