[asterisk-users] How is Queue avg holdtime and avg talktime calculated

Ishfaq Malik ish at pack-net.co.uk
Wed May 11 04:59:53 CDT 2016

On 11 May 2016 at 10:24, Israel Gottlieb <isrlgb at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi all
>
> How is avg hold time and avg talktime calculated and over long a period of
> time?
>
> Thanks,
> Israel

Hi Israel

If you are referring to the output of the queue show <queue-name> command
then this is the response I received when asking this question previously:

"Welcome to business logic embedded into app_queue.  The issue with the
queue show command rendering stats, is what timeframe are the stats
aggregated over?  IIRC, the calculations are using a moving
average[1].

[1] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moving_average"

If you want to find an average over a fixed period of time, your best
bet is analysing the queue log. We had to do this ourselves when
implementing a Dashboard with figures for the day.

We found the figures outputted by the queue show <queue-name> command
to be misleading.

Regards

Ish

--

Ishfaq Malik
Department: VOIP Support
e: ish at pack-net.co.uk
w: http://www.pack-net.co.uk

Registered Address: PACKNET LIMITED, Duplex 2, Ducie House
37 Ducie Street
Manchester, M1 2JW
COMPANY REG NO. 04920552