[asterisk-users] Switching between Music on Hold streams. [13.8.2]

Joshua Colp jcolp at digium.com
Mon May 9 08:58:38 CDT 2016

Jonathan H wrote:
> I'd like multiple people to be able to dial in and listen to various
> live radio streams.
>
> I was told that the correct resource-friendly way would be to setup a
> MoH class, and then select that from the dialplan.
>
> This works well, but how do I switch between streams?
>
> Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but from previous similar questions a
> few years ago it seems like once you've entered a MoH class, there is
> no exit.

You can configure music classes with a DTMF digit that when pressed when
listening to music on hold will cause the channel to switch to the new
music class.

 From the musiconhold.conf sample file:

;digit=#        ; If this option is set for a class, then when callers ;
               ; are
;               ; listening to music on hold, they can press this
;               ; digit, and
;               ; they will switch to listening to this music class.

Cheers,

--
Joshua Colp