[asterisk-users] cannot find -lasteriskssl

Brian Wilson brian at wildsong.biz
Thu May 5 12:46:46 CDT 2016

I ran into that (and reported it) and found the easiest hack is to copy the
library manually into place, when you hit that error it's built and waiting
in main/
For example

sudo cp main/libasteriskssl.so.1 /usr/lib
cd /usr/lib
sudo ln -s libasteriskssl.so.1 libasteriskssl.so
sudo ldconfig

Then the build can complete. I can't remember if I had to do the symlink, I
think it will build anyway and then it does that step in 'make install'

I always try to build new asterisks on brand new vagrant virtual machines
that have the minimum required packages installed, and no cruft left over
from previous builds or installations. Things like this are more likely to
show up that way.

Brian

On Thu, May 5, 2016 at 10:21 AM, Michael Ströder <michael at stroeder.com>
wrote:

> Joshua Colp wrote:
> > Michael Ströder wrote:

> fails. It seems
> 13.7.2 works

> >> No. Build of 13.9.0-rc2 seems to work.
> >>
> >> When will 13.9.0 be released?
> >
> > Probably a week or so I'd guess, maybe sooner.
>
> Ok, then I'll wait for this release. Thanks.
>
> Ciao, Michael.
>

> --

Brian Wilson, GISP
Wildsong 707-827-0001