[asterisk-users] Migrating asterisk 11 to 13: some callers get no ringback tone any more

Eric Wieling ewieling at nyigc.com
Tue May 3 14:07:09 CDT 2016

I don't know the default setting for progressinband in the code, but it
is documented in Asterisk 11's sip.conf.sample as defaulting to never.
Maybe the docs were fixed since Asterisk 11.

from 11.21.x sip.conf.sample:

;progressinband=never           ; If we should generate in-band ringing
always
                                 ; use 'never' to never use in-band
signalling, even in cases
                                 ; where some buggy devices might not
render it
                                 ; Valid values: yes, no, never Default:
never

--
if at first you don't succeed, skydiving isn't for you