[asterisk-users] Asterisk (PJSIP) registers with sips Contact URI, but why?

Sebastian Damm damm at sipgate.de
Tue May 3 10:39:21 CDT 2016

Hi,

I'm registering an Asterisk against my TLS capable service, using
res_pjsip. My config looks like this:

[devtrunk_reg]
type=registration
outbound_auth=devtrunk_auth
server_uri=sip:example.org\;transport=tls
client_uri=sip:1234567 at example.org\;transport=tls
outbound_proxy=sip:dev.example.org\;transport=tls\;lr
contact_user=1234567
retry_interval=60
expiration=600
line=yes
endpoint=222

[devtrunk_auth]
type=auth
auth_type=userpass
username=1234567
password=secret
realm=example.org

It registers fine, but this is what the REGISTER request looks like:

<--- Transmitting SIP request (903 bytes) to TLS:1.2.3.4:5061 --->
REGISTER sip:example.org;transport=tls SIP/2.0
Via: SIP/2.0/TLS
9.8.7.6:55664;rport;branch=z9hG4bKPjNlqlgmSOP7O4LqOTUqJtFZB8fTmc0ZKL;alias
Route: <sip:dev.example.org;transport=tls;lr>