[asterisk-users] Phone Number Validation

D'Arcy J.M. Cain darcy at Vex.Net
Tue Mar 29 06:06:19 CDT 2016

On Tue, 29 Mar 2016 09:53:15 +0100
Rizwan H Qureshi <rizwanhasham at gmail.com> wrote:
> I need to develop a service which tells me whether a given phone
> number is in service and is valid or not. It can be international
> number. This is basically to clean the list of leads we have. Is
> there any service which can give me the required information?

Sounds like a service that spammers have been searching for since Alex
called Tommy and asked him to "Come here."

Such a service is impossible.  There is no way to tell if a number will
be answered without actually calling it.  Even then you don't know
whether an out of service is temporary or permanent.

--
D'Arcy J.M. Cain
System Administrator, Vex.Net