[asterisk-users] CDR records and conferences

Richard Kenner kenner at gnat.com
Tue Mar 15 18:06:24 CDT 2016

At least in version 12.2.0, the code in cdr.c appears to create CDR
records for each pair of users in a conference.  This is quadratic
and would seem to be an issue with large conferences.

I got two Asterisk crashes when a lot of people tried to dial into a
conference.   They appear quite related to

    https://issues.asterisk.org/jira/browse/ASTERISK-24758

There are thousands of CDR entries on the chain.  I believe this is
due to the quadratic behavior above.  Not all of the "last" fields
point to the same entry, which is peculiar, though.

I think that my crash was caused by a stack overflow in recursive calls
to delete the huge CDR chain (over 7,000 entries).

Why are all these CDR entries made?