[asterisk-users] what to do when a sip password includes a semicolon

Kevin Larsen kevin.larsen at pioneerballoon.com
Fri Mar 11 13:47:45 CST 2016

asterisk-users-bounces at lists.digium.com wrote on 03/11/2016 01:43:47 PM:

> From: Saint Michael <venefax at gmail.com>
> <asterisk-users at lists.digium.com>,
> Date: 03/11/2016 01:44 PM
> Subject: [asterisk-users] what to do when a sip password includes a
semicolon
> Sent by: asterisk-users-bounces at lists.digium.com
>
> ​I got a new sip account, and the format
> register=> user:passwrd at proxy:port
> fails when the sip password ​has a semicolon
> Is there a possible workaround?
> I cannot change the password, it comes from the provider.

Try escaping the semicolon with a backslash. A password of abc;123 would
become abc\;123
Not entirely certain that would work, but it would be the first thing I
would try.

Also, I think a provider would be amenable to changing a password if it
was problematic for some reason, but try the backslash first.