[asterisk-users] *SOLVED* Re: Dialplan question: Variables in GoTo() ?

A J Stiles asterisk_list at earthshod.co.uk
Thu Mar 10 09:28:50 CST 2016

On Thursday 10 Mar 2016, Joshua Colp wrote:
> I wrote:
> > I can't seem to find a definitive answer on this, and I really don't want
> > to risk breaking a production server to find out; so I am going to try
> > asking this here, and maybe anyone else in the same situation searching
> > the archives sometime in future will find the answer I get.
> >
> > Can you use variables in the target of a GoTo() statement?
> >
> > What I am specifically thinking of is this;
> >
> > [from_some_source]
> > exten =>  s,1,AGI(look_up_stuff.agi,${CALLERID(num)},${EXTEN})
> > ; this AGI script sets variables: next_context, next_ext, next_step
> > exten =>  s,n,GoTo(${next_context},${next_ext},${next_step})
> >
> > Will this work?  Does Asterisk evaluate expressions like this, or does it
> > expect literals?
>
> It most certainly will work. It evaluates on use.

Thanks very much.  I tried it, and it worked beautifully.  Exactly as I
expected.

There is something a little bit "ZX Spectrum BASIC" about an evaluated GOTO,
but sometimes it's the least messy way of accomplishing something.

--
AJS

Note:  Originating address only accepts e-mail from list!  If replying off-
list, change address to asterisk1list at earthshod dot co dot uk .