[asterisk-users] 2 devices same *actual* extension - can it be done

Richard Schroeder rschroe at gmail.com
Wed Mar 9 20:30:38 CST 2016

Can someone tell me if this is possible?

I currently have a VOIP phone registered on an Asterisk PBX at a remote
location (working fine).
I want to install an Asterisk PBX at the local location. I will be porting
the current POSTS lines to SIP trunking.
So now I want the remote line and the local lines to appear on the same
handset.
This would mean I would have to pass internet to the phone for the remote
extension and also register the local extensions.
So, for example, I could have the remote extension assigned to line one
(ACCOUNT 1 on the Polycom handset), and the local extensions assigned to
lines two, three, and four ( ACCOUNTS 2,3,4).

How do I do this?

Thanks,

--
Richard C. Schroeder