[asterisk-users] Differences between Chan_SIP and PJSIP with NAT and STUN

Joshua Colp jcolp at digium.com
Mon Mar 7 17:57:06 CST 2016

Chirag Desai wrote:
> So I see:
>
> EXTERNAL_SNOM_IP -> EXTERNAL_ASTERISK_IP   (UDP,  length 218, src:
> 60798, dst 11128)
>
> EXTERNAL_ASTERISK_IP -> INTERNAL_SNOM_IP   (UDP, length 218, src: 11128
> dst 60478
>
> So i see udp from the phone, but there's no audio.

If "rtp set debug on" shows no packets being received then they are not
being read off the socket, so I'd check the system and make sure there
really is no firewall like I said. Once packets start getting received
then we'll change the target address and audio will flow.

It may even be that when using TCP or UDP you have some sort of helper
which is opening up the right firewall ports and when TLS is in use it
can't see the traffic and thus doesn't.

--
Joshua Colp