[asterisk-users] How to control host part of From: field content from the dialplan

Richard Mudgett rmudgett at digium.com
Fri Mar 4 11:59:36 CST 2016

On Fri, Mar 4, 2016 at 11:45 AM, Olivier <oza.4h07 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I've read SIP Connect 2.0 draft lately.
>
> It mentions specific use if either of the following values is present in
> the From: field of an INVITE message.
> The values are:
> sip:unavailable at unkown.invalid
> sip:anonymous at anonymous.invalid
>
> I'm using Asterisk 13 and PJSIP.
> Which dialplan function can I use if I want to send an outbound SIP call
> with a From field matching the above values ?
>
> I've tried with :
> Set(CALLERID(num)=unavailable at unkown.invalid)
>
> and got:
> From: "Bob" <sip:unavailable%40unkown.invalid at 192.168.64.157
> >;tag=d74792e3-f646-4dd9-90fe-e4dc62ea728d

That is currently not supported by chan_pjsip.  There is an issue [1] for
it and a
corresponding patch on gerrit [2] to resolve it.  The patch is actively
being
reviewed/updated to get it merged into the codebase.

[1] https://issues.asterisk.org/jira/browse/ASTERISK-25791
[2] https://gerrit.asterisk.org/#/c/2293/

Richard