[asterisk-users] Selecting timing source for Asterisk

Carlos Chavez cursor at telecomabmex.com
Thu Mar 3 15:39:53 CST 2016

     I have an Asterisk 13 installation with an E1 card and I thought
that DAHDI would be the default timing source for the system:

pbxcore*CLI> module show like timing
Module Description                              Use Count  Status
Support Level
res_timing_dahdi.so            DAHDI Timing Interface
0          Running              core
res_timing_pthread.so          pthread Timing Interface
0          Running          extended
res_timing_timerfd.so          Timerfd Timing Interface
13         Running              core
3 modules loaded

     How is the timing source selected?  I thought that if a DAHDI card
was present it was automatically selected as the timing source for the
system.

Carlos Chávez
+52 (55)9116-91161