[asterisk-users] How to install Huawei E153 in a Asterisk 11 or 13?

Thu Mar 3 03:12:48 CST 2016

On Wed, 2016-03-02 at 19:12 -0300, Vitor Mazuco wrote:

> I tried to install chan_dongle for Asterisk 11 in a Ubuntu 14.04, but
> my Huawei E153 is not working in my Asterisk.
> But not successes.

A little more information from you would be helpful to identify the
problem.

I have a Huawei USB 3G-stick and it works fine on Asterisk 11.

Take a look here:

http://www.raspberry-asterisk.org/documentation/gsm-voip-gateway-with-chan_dongle/comment-page-1/

Not all Huawei USB modems work out of the box, on some of them voice
calling capability has to be enabled first, some need to be upgraded
with the latest firmware. Details on this can be found on the original
chan_dongle wiki.

https://github.com/bg111/asterisk-chan-dongle/wiki/Preparation

Before inserting the SIM into your modem please deactivate the PIN on
your card. This can be done with any phone. Insert the SIM into your
phone, deactivate PIN and you’re done.