[asterisk-users] RTP / NAT question ( pjsip )

Kevin Long kevin.long at haloprivacy.com
Wed Mar 2 19:14:20 CST 2016

Thank you for the response Joshua .

I had rtp_symmetric=yes  before I wrote the email,   then I set it to no,  restart asterisk, and tried to make the call from the remote endpoint again but still tcpdump is showing me the RTP packets are being sent from Asterisk to the private IP.

tcpdump on asterisk server showing UDP packet bound for my remote endpoints internal IP:
17:07:57.130212 IP 10.50.55.10.6214 > 10.128.30.239.51126: UDP, length 182

Current pjsip.conf file

[transport-tls]
type=transport
protocol=tls
bind=0.0.0.0:5061
local_net=10.50.55.0/24
external_media_address=<scrubbed public ip>
external_signaling_address=<scrubbed public ip>
cert_file=/etc/asterisk/keys/dev1.crt
priv_key_file=/etc/asterisk/keys/dev1.key
ca_list_file=/etc/asterisk/keys/ca.crt
cipher=AES256-SHA
method=tlsv1

;===============EXTENSION 6001

[6000]
type=endpoint
context=internal
disallow=all
allow=ulaw
auth=auth6000
aors=6000
direct_media=no
rewrite_contact=yes  ; necessary if endpoint does not know/register public ip:port
ice_support=no
force_rport=yes
rtp_symmetric=no
media_encryption=sdes

[auth6000]
type=auth
auth_type=userpass
password=6000
username=6000

[6000]
type=aor
qualify_frequency=30
max_contacts=1
remove_existing=yes

;===============EXTENSION 6001

[6001]
type=endpoint
context=internal
disallow=all
allow=ulaw
auth=auth6001
aors=6001
direct_media=no
rewrite_contact=yes  ; necessary if endpoint does not know/register public ip:port
ice_support=no
force_rport=yes
rtp_symmetric=no
media_encryption=sdes